General Application Policies, Payment Terms and Conditions
North Carolina Outward Bound School's payment terms and conditions are based on our investment in planning, staffing and delivering our courses. These expenses are not recoverable, therefore, penalties may apply.
You may also want to review our Cancelation & Transfer Policy.
North Carolina Outward Bound School requires a $500 deposit submitted with a completed application form. The $500 deposit is applied toward the tuition for the course and includes a $150 non-refundable processing fee.
Deposits vary for Grieving Teens courses and there is no deposit required to apply for a Veterans course. Please see course details for more information.
Deposit Refund Policy
The deposit includes a $150 non-refundable processing fee. The remaining $350 is refundable if you cancel your enrollment 90 days prior to your course start date.
- If you are waitlisted and a spot on the course does not become available, Outward Bound will refund the full $500 deposit.
- In the event you are not cleared to participate on the course, Outward Bound will retain the $150 non-refundable processing fee and refund $350 of the deposit, as long as all deadlines are met.
- If you are cleared to participate and cancel less than 90 days from the course start date, Outward Bound will retain the full $500 deposit.
- If your payment is past due, North Carolina Outward Bound School will cancel your enrollment and retain the full $500 deposit.
Tuition covers the cost of food, instructors, permits, gear, and equipment while on course. Not included in this cost are personal expenses such as clothing, insurance (health and travel), airfare, and baggage fees.
Full payment is due 90 days before the course start date. Be prepared to pay the balance due at this time even if you have yet to submit your completed enrollment packet or have yet to be cleared to participate on the course.
If your payment is not received by the deadline, this may be considered a cancelation and you will risk losing your spot on the course and your $500 deposit.
Tuition Refund Policy
In the event your enrollment packet is not cleared for participation on the course, Outward Bound will refund your payment for the course with the exception of the $150 non-refundable processing fee.
The $150 processing fee is refundable only if:
- Outward Bound cancels your course
- You are waitlisted and a spot on the course does not become available
- You do not qualify for financial aid and need to withdraw your enrollment on the course