Step 1: Apply and pay the deposit.
- You can apply online by completing an online application form or over the phone (toll-free) at 1-800-756-2627.
- To apply, you must submit an application form and $500 deposit which is applied toward the course tuition. This deposit includes a $150 non-refundable processing fee.
- The application form takes 10-15 minutes to complete and we accept all major credit cards.
- If you are applying from outside the United States, please call us at 1-800-756-2627.
- Applying for a scholarship or want to learn more?
Step 2: Fill out the forms.
Once you have completed the application process (Step 1), our Student Services Department will send you Registration Paperwork via email. Please read this entire email and download the appropriate forms listed (the email will contain links to all the forms you need).
There are required medical history forms to be completed and returned, a tab called Important Course Information is provided to help you better prepare for your adventure (travel, required clothing and gear and a description of your course). You will not receive the Registration Email with these required forms until you've completed Step 1.
Step 3: Send us the completed forms.
Complete all the required forms and submit to us by email, mail or fax. If you choose to email, please submit your forms in PDF format and email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and course number in the subject line. Our email system cannot accept PDF's larger than 10MB so you may have to split your files so they are not too large to send.
Step 4: Pay for your course.
Your course tuition is due on or before 90 before your course start date. You may want to use our Online Payment tool to submit your payment.
Step 5: Get ready for the challenge.
Start preparing mentally and physically for your North Carolina Outward Bound course. You don't have to be a world-class athlete to complete an Outward Bound course. In fact, most of our courses are designed for the average person who is looking for a physical, mental and social challenge. Still, your level of physical readiness will affect your experience. Learn more about what's required and how you can better prepare yourself for your personal challenge.